5 Reasons Why I Blog – Tagged by Stefanie Sigurdson
- Knowledge: In my line of work, everything is cutting edge. Though the rules might not change from day to day, the game itself shifts and turns. If you don’t see the curves or anticipate what you’re going to do around the bend, you’re going to be left behind. If I’m in this for the long haul then I have to be on peak game all the time. Keeping this site forces me, on a daily basis, to stay in touch with the world of social media optimization.
- To Shake Down the System: It doesn’t matter what field you’re in. From real estate to fashion design, people get stuck in a frame. They refuse to get out of the box or even to consider that what is out there might be worth looking at. If you’re one of those people and are in the search business, I have my sights set on you.
- Community: I have spent the better part of the last 5 years building communities online. Most of these have overlapped with life outside of cyberspace and that’s something I enjoy very much. Part of social media should be about building the online portion. If done well, this will translate offline. I’m all about social media building real connections.
- Experimentation: With new social media optimization sites, services, and tools being introduced all the time I could read all day long and never fully grasp the power inherant in any of them. Having this place gives me a place to play.. to try new things and weigh their pros and cons.
- To Share: What’s the point in anything if you don’t share it with others. Even Siddhartha on journeys into his inner self set to share the experience with others. This is my life. These are my thoughts. Take them for what they are worth.
Guess it’s time to pass these like the good little chainmail buddy I am